Support operations for many NSF funded researchers working in the state often begin at the Battelle ARO office in Fairbanks. The office houses science project managers for local planning and coordination, and the warehouse and shop include field gear equipment for issue to research group. Science groups can access the clean and heated areas for staging, trainings, and storing overwinter science gear.
The Battelle ARO team can provide the below level of support for NSF-funded researchers:
- Orientations for incoming staff and researchers, including safety protocols/trainings, harassment policy, schedule, IT and communication processes, etc.
- Allocation and training on safe equipment usage, including camping equipment, communication gear, safety equipment, snowmobiles, generators, boats/motors, etc.
- Coordination of local travel, including lodging, truck rentals, airport transfers, etc.
- In-state travel arrangements for special fixed-wing or helicopter charters, and lodging
- Community liaison activities, including organizing science outreach and engagement activities.
- Coordination of science cargo and sample storage and movements. Including hazardous material shipping.
- Last minute fabrication and repairs.
Please contact your Project Manager, or the Alaska Operations Manager for further information.
Battelle ARO Fairbanks Office
2325 King Road
Fairbanks AK 99709