The Battelle ARO team recognizes the importance of getting the gear required to complete your science to/from the field safely. Additionally, we understand the absolute requirement to maintain sample integrity during transport to home institutions or sample repositories such as the National Ice Core Laboratory. We aim to fully understand and document your requirements while forming our logistics plan to get your items safety to/from the Arctic.
Battelle ARO support may include:
- Cargo handing and tracking
- Air, ground, and vessel cargo solutions
- Sample storage
- Science technician sample assistance (Utqiaġvik)
- Sample import guidance/assistance
- For ice core samples:
- Providing packaging materials such as ice core boxes/tubes/eutectics, and data loggers to track temperature stability
- Construction of snow trenches for in-field storage
- Rental and temperature checks of a commercial freezer in Hub town
- Arrangements for freezer trucks and/or overnight shipping to return samples to various institutions.
Contact us for additional questions.